The Western Australian Association for Mental Health, the peak body for mental health in WA will be represented at the Stop Male Suicide in WA seminar. WAAMH’s president, Alison Xamon, will be one of the speakers at the event, to be held in Perth on Wednesday 19th October.
Alison Xamon is the President of WAAMH, Vice Chair of Community Mental Health Australia and a Director of Mental Health Australia. She is also the Co-Lead for the Department of Health statewide Mental Health Network and is a Member of the WA Ministerial Council for Suicide Prevention. Alison is a lawyer and a former State member of Parliament and with lived experience of family suicide has been instrumental in lobbying for the creation of the first dedicated service for children bereaved by suicide.
If you want to help Stop Male Suicide in WA, find out more at the links below:
- To come and take part in the Stop Male Suicide in WA seminar click here
- To find out about the other speakers taking part in this seminar click here
- To find out more about the work of the WAAMH click here
- To find out more about the Stop Male Suicide project, click here
- To find out more about the rate of male suicide in WA click here
- 10 facts about male suicide in WA, click here to find out more