Dads In Distress, the peer support charity for separating parents, will be represented at the Stop Male Suicide in WA seminar, to be held in Perth on Wednesday 19th October.
The Institute of Social Justice and Human Rights will be represented at the Stop Male Suicide in WA seminar, to be held in Perth on Wednesday 19th October.
The institute’s Gerry Georgatos, a prolific suicide prevention researcher and campaigner. will deliver a talk on elevated risk groups. Gerry has helped establish national projects in suicide prevention work and research, including the federally funded Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders Suicide Prevention Evaluation Project (ATSISPEP).
Gerry works alongside people with elevated risks to suicidal ideation; former inmates, people who as children were removed from their families, foster children, the homeless, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander youth in general and culturally and linguistic diverse migrant groups. He argues that without disaggregation we make high risk groups invisible and that education and responses must be tailor made.
If you want to help Stop Male Suicide in WA, find out more at the links below:
- To come and take part in the Stop Male Suicide in WA seminar click here
- To find out about the other speakers taking part in this seminar click here
- To find out more about the work of the Institute of Social Justice and Human Rights click here
- To find out more about the Stop Male Suicide project, click here
- To find out more about the rate of male suicide in WA click here
- 10 facts about male suicide in WA, click here to find out more