The work of the Dads In Distress peer support groups, run by the charity Parents Beyond Breakup (PBB), will be featured at the Stop Male Suicide in WA seminar, to be held in Perth on Wednesday 19th October.
PBB board member, Pete Nicholls, will be speaking at the seminar that will bring together people who are committed to taking action to help Stop Male Suicide, which currently takes the lives of six men in Australia every day.
As well as being a board member of PBB, Pete set up and facilitated the charity’s Dads In Distress group in Sydney CBD. A recent research effort to identify performance demonstrated that dads turning up at the DIDS groups moved from 71% ‘sense of hopelessness’ to just 12% within one week, and more importantly from 47% feeling suicidal to 0% (zero) within one week.
If you want to help Stop Male Suicide in WA, find out more at the links below:
- To come and take part in the Stop Male Suicide in WA seminar click here
- To find out about the other speakers taking part in this seminar click here
- To find out more about the work of Parents Beyond Breakup click here
- To find out more about the Stop Male Suicide project, click here
- To find out more about the rate of male suicide in WA click here
- 10 facts about male suicide in WA, click here to find out more