CAPS, a not-for-profit community organisation that works to transform the lives of people at risk of suicide, is supporting the Stop Male Suicide in QLD seminar, to be held in Brisbane on Friday 3rd June 2016.
CAPS aim is to reduce the prevalence of suicide in communities by offering programs and services that educate, raise awareness and above all provide emotional and practical support to those at risk of suicide and their family and friends. CAPS is short for “Community Action for the Prevention of Suicide”
CAPS’ Director, Shana Challenor, will be speaking at the seminar in Brisbane, that will bring together people who are committed to taking action to help Stop Male Suicide, which currently takes the lives of six men in Australia every day.
Shana has worked in the community sector for over 13 years in the areas of mental health, suicide prevention, intervention and education. She has an in depth understanding of the sector’s complexities and the challenges faced by those needing help and support. Shana is committed to building individual and community capacity to tackle suicide.
If you want to help Stop Male Suicide in QLD, find out more at the links below:
- To come and take part in the Stop Male Suicide in QLD seminar click here
- To find out about the other speakers taking part in this seminar click here
- To find out more about the work of CAPS click here
- To find out more about the Stop Male Suicide project, click here
- To find out more about the rate of male suicide in QLD click here