A representative of Fire & Rescue NSW is supporting the Stop Male Suicide in NSW seminar, to be held in Sydney on Tuesday 31st May.
Tara Lal, is a firefighter and suicide prevention trainer , is speaking at the seminar that will bring together people who are committed to taking action to help Stop Male Suicide, which currently takes the lives of six men in Australia every day.
Tara has previously managed the psychological wellbeing program in Fire & Rescue NSW. She is currently working with researchers at UNSW and the Black Dog Institute on a program aimed at developing resilience in firefighters. Tara recently published her first book ‘Standing on my Brother’s Shoulders – Making peace with Grief and Suicide’.
If you want to help Stop Male Suicide in NSW, find out more at the links below:
- To come and take part in the Stop Male Suicide in NSW seminar click here
- To find out about the other speakers taking part in this seminar click here
- To find out more about the work of Tara Lal click here
- To find out more about the Stop Male Suicide project, click here
- To find out more about the rate of male suicide in NSW click here