The Stop Male Suicide project is delivering a one-day training programme in Penrith on Monday 6th June 2016.
- If you concerned about stopping male suicide
- If you want to learn more about male suicide prevention
- If you would you like to work more effectively with others to stop male suicide
Then why not join us for this practical and informative one-day training program?
Time: 9.30am to 4.30pm
Location: Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District, Population Health Unit,13-29 Gascoigne Street, Penrith, NSW 2750
What will you learn?
- The latest facts, figures and theories on male suicide
- International best practice in male suicide prevention
- Your role in supporting existing suicide prevention strategies
- How you can spot men at risk of suicide
- How you can conduct an intervention to stop male suicide
- How you can develop safety plans with men at risk of suicide
- How you can become a champion for male suicide prevention
Who should attend this one-day program?
Men’s health workers; ‘first responders’ such as police officers, occupational health workers, ambulance officers and mental health workers; local providers in health, welfare, employment, education, housing, legal and justice sectors, drug and alcohol services and other providers of community services and supports; those concerned with health and mental health strategy, policy and anyone interested in suicide prevention at a local and national level.
- $100 Full Price
- $80 Early Bird before April 30th
- $50 Discretionary Concessions
NB: Lunch is not included